Are you searching for Paleo vegetarian meal ideas? You have come to the right place. When eating on the Paleo diet, it can sometimes be frustrating for vegetarians who are unable to eat grains or beans on the plan. Here are a few vegetarian tips that can help you reach your Paleo goals.
1) Bananas are a great addition to just about any Paleo dessert to create a smooth, creamy texture. You can freeze bananas and then puree with berries to create “ice cream” that you can enjoy to your heart’s content.
2) Think “meaty” without the meat. One of the best options for creating meaty dishes without using beef or chicken is to use mushrooms. Fortunately, mushrooms come in a wide variety of tastes and textures. Some are smooth and rubbery, while others are bumpy and heavier. Large mushrooms can be sliced into thick patties and grilled for a barbecue that would make even meat lovers jealous.
3) Crockpot cooking is simple and really brings out the flavors of foods. Sometimes cooking vegetarian can be time-consuming because of all the preparation of vegetables. Cut down on some cooking time by putting all of your favorites right into the crockpot before you head to work. Set on the lowest setting, by the time you get home you will have a delicious soup or stew waiting for you.
4) Vegetarian cooking does not mean only vegetables. When making your favorite dishes, consider adding fruits for an extra flavor kick and a little sweetness. Wilted spinach with blueberries, fennel bulbs with grilled pears, cucumber and watermelon salad are all options you might not have considered yet. Be creative with your veggie and fruit combinations and you will be an expert Paleo vegetarian in the kitchen.
5) Do your fresh herbs go bad before you get to use them? To keep this from happening in the future, buy an ice-cube tray for very small-sized cubes. Finely chop your herbs such as basil, dill, or parsley. Mix the herbs or herb blends with a small amount of oil. Place the mixture into the individual cubes of the ice tray and cover. Freeze overnight. Remove cubes and place into snack-sized plastic baggies for freezer storage. Add cubes to your skillet or pot whenever your recipes calls for them. Now you can enjoy your summertime herbs all year-round.
6) Are you bored with your salads? Kick it up a notch by making new and exciting dressings from your fruits and spices. Blend an orange, lemon, berries and some fresh mint for a refreshing topping. How about blending cucumber and dill for dipping vegetables? Upgrade your food processor or blender since it is a kitchen item you definitely will get maximum use out of as a Paleo vegetarian.
With some careful planning, creating new and stimulating ideas for your menus can be a cinch. While it is sometimes difficult, making the commitment to be a Paleo vegetarian is a wonderful gift to you and your health.