The Paleo Styled Eating Plan Is the Reason Tim Noakes Is As Lean As He Was 20 Years Ago…
Professor Tim Noakes credits the low-carb Paleo diet plan for his dramatic weight loss and health improvement.
He also says that since following a Paleo styled eating plan he is as lean as he was 20 years ago and running just as fast as he was then.
He goes on to say that whilst exercise is important for your health, eating the right foods is the most important aspect to losing weight and improving your health.
Not only has the Paleo eating plan improved his health and allowed him to lose so much weight, but had he not made this dramatic change to his dietary habits, he acknowledges that he would eventually have suffered with full blown type-2 diabetes which was the disease that was responsible for claiming the lives of both his father and uncle.
5 Things You May Not Have Known About Tim Noakes and the Paleo Diet
- Tim Noakes is not only a well known professor of exercise and sports science, but also a highly acclaimed author on sports & nutrition.
- During his life he has run more than 70 marathons and since eating the Paleo way is running better than ever. He says that “2 years ago, before I started this eating plan I was getting exhausted running up hills that I could once handle with ease. Plus I kept gaining weight even though I ran every day and ate pretty healthily (or so I thought). I was convinced it was just middle age spread when it was actually sugar-carbohydrate-wheat-beer spread”
- He is over 60 years old and has lost 15kg in weight since adopting the Paleo styled diet & eating plan
- He has done a u-turn on his eating habits by changing from a high-carb, low fat diet to one low in carbohydrates but high in protein and fats.
- Diets that are high in carbs, sugars, processed foods and grains are to blame for obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
In conclusion, the principles of the Paleo diet are based on the idea that the mismatch of the modern day diet and the diet our bodies were designed to cope with & perform best with, is the main reason for obesity, diabetes, heart disease & many other health & weight issues.
Therefore, just as you would not feed your pet animal a cooked meal & dessert every evening, the same principle applies to the human diet…
… our bodies perform best when we ingest the foods that we were meant to eat.
This will allow you to realize natural weight loss, improved health and youthful feelings of increased vigour and energy – just like Tim Noakes did.